Help Make BAWIFM the Best It Can Be!
Enhance your resume, build new skills and broaden your contacts in the Bay Area film and television community and get creative by volunteering with BAWIFM.
We have two levels of volunteer involvement:
- VOLUNTEER assistant
- COMMITTEE CHAIR
Volunteers support the committee chair and board of directors. Committee Chairs are responsible for working with their volunteers to accomplish the directives of their committee and receive support and guidance from the Board through monthly check-ins.
BE A VOLUNTEER
BAWIFM seeks to help women mediamakers CONNECT, CREATE and BE INSPIRED! There are many ways volunteers help us realize this mission.
Work on a project, help out at events or support a committee. Work one hour a week or five hours a week. Propose an 'idea' that will add value to the BAWIFM community and, if approved, take the lead on the project.
Volunteering is crucial to us at BAWIFM because volunteer efforts are the brick and mortar of BAWFIM. Everyone, even the Board of Directors, are volunteers. Volunteers make BAWIFM strong!
BE A COMMITTEE CHAIR
We’re looking for Committee Chairs. If you’ve been a BAWIFM Member for six months or more and would like to volunteer in a leadership role - then please consider becoming a BAWIFM Committee Chairwoman.
Help craft and implement a fundraising plan that includes seeking grants, corporate sponsorship and individual donors. A great way to learn how to raise funds for your own projects.
Responsible for capturing, archiving and distribution of selected BAWIFM programming for viewing by BAWIFM members. Volunteer opportunities on our committee include:
- Videographers - Shoot panel presentations at monthly meetings -beginners and pros welcome
- Editors / DVD Authors - post-production including digitizing, basic cutting, sound levels, compression & DVD production
- Archive Coordinators - team management of loan & collection of DVD's made available to BAWIFM members
- Still Photographers - Shoot stills for promotion and archival purposes at events, workshops and monthly programs. Please contact:
MARKETING & PUBLIC RELATIONS COMMITTEE
Work closely with the other committees to help promote and increase the visibility of our organization. You can plug into our active and growing committee by helping with:
- Writing and Distributing marketing and press materials via on-line event sites
- Designing Advertisements and other Press Materials
- Creating PR relationships with local film festivals and events
Help to recruit new members and enhance the experience of current members. Some of the opportunities we have available include:
- Representing BAWIFM at local Media events
- Finding new ways to get the word out about benefits of joining the group
- Networking with local business owners to secure discounts for our Members
- Membership Administration: Maintaining contact with members and maintaining member databases
- Database Specialist – Updating our ever growing list of members
Help build a successful and lasting volunteer program with BAWIFM. If you are a people person, good with details and have great communication skills - work with the volunteer committee on projects that include:
- Assist in building strategic incentives to expand volunteer program
- Assist in outreach and development of community partnerships
- Maintain social networking accounts
- Develop communication materials
MAKE THINGS HAPPEN. VOLUNTEER WITH US!