BAWIFM MONTHLY MEETING EVENTS
SIGN UP HERE: This Month's Event
Our monthly meeting events are held the 2nd Wednesday of every month.
Events feature an evening of guest speakers, show and tell, tips and tricks and whatever else we can fit into two and a half hours. However, sometimes due to venue or speaker availability, a National Holiday, special event or other reasons, we meet on a different day in a different location.
Access renowned professionals in the industry. Previous panels have included independent theater owners, entertainment law attorneys, film festival programming directors, film distributors, and fundraising directors as well as Award winning and renowned filmmakers, artists, editors and media pioneers including:
- filmmaker Judy Irving (The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill),
- filmmakers Emiko Omori & Wendy Slick (Passion and Power: The Technology of Orgasm)
- editor Vivien Hillgrove (Heart of the Sea, Senorita Extraviada)
- producer Debbie Brubaker (Swing, Dopamine)
- screenwriter Janet Peoples (12 Monkeys, Nico)
- filmmaker and founder of the Webby Awards, Tiffany Shlain (The Tribe)
- Emmy award winning producer/director Dorothy Fadiman
- filmmaker Deborah Koons Garcia (The Future of Food)
- filmmakers Dan Geller and Dayna Goldfine (Ballets Russes)
- filmmaker/artist Lynn Hershman Leeson (Conceiving Ada, Teknolust, Strange Culture)
- Justine Shapiro (Promises)
- filmmakers Kristy Guevara-Flanagan and Dawn Valadez (Going on 13)
- Brooke Wentz, Founder of The Rights Workshop
- Leading film festival programmers and film curators including: Zoe Elton and Janis Plotkin (Mill Valley Film Festival), Nancy Fishman (San Francisco International Jewish Film Festival), Anita Monga (Seattle International Film Festival) and Lois Vossen (ITVS), Holly Roach (Mill Valley Film Festival), Scarlett Shepard (San Francisco Women's Film Festival) and more!
- New digital media distribution leaders including: Sara Pollack from YouTube's Screening Room, Danae Ringelmann founder of IndieGoGo.com, Vanessa Arteaga from Jaman.com, Tom Hicks from Caachi.com, Saskia Wilson-Brown and Andrew Fitzgerald from Current TV.
- Heads of the Bay Area Film Commissions and film and media production houses as well as leading media funding organizations
Monthly event admission is free for current BAWIFM Members. We admit non-Members and the general public for an admission fee of $8 for for professional or $5 for students (with student ID). Most of our events are for women only, unless otherwise listed as a co-ed Mixer, Screening, Holiday Party or Special Event.
Please visit our EVENTS page and Calendar to see the most up-to-date information on our upcoming events.